Roof issues can be tough for homeowners and business owners because of the expense involved in most roofing services, so it can be hard to know if it’s time to repair, patch, or replace your roof. Homeowners in North Texas have a reputable roofing company on their side.
JDM Roofing & Construction LLC, Alba TX’s most trusted roofers, not only have the right roofing services to repair leaks, but they can also replace your roof with high quality roofing materials that will last for years.
Is it time to repair, patch, or replace your roof?
Here’s some of the ways to know what kind of roofing services will best help protect your home or commercial building.
Signs You Need Roof Repair
There are both obvious and subtle signs of roof damage. Obvious damage like missing shingles usually results in roof leaks that discolor or warp paint in the interior of the home. More subtle signs like mold growth or shifted roofing materials need regular roof inspections to uncover.
When Roof Patching Can Work
If you have roof damage that’s localized to a certain area, patching that part of the roof with new shingles or other roofing materials can take care of that damage. This type of roof repair is only recommended for roofs that are under 20 years old and only have that one area of damage.
When It’s Time for Roof Replacement
One of the major signs that roof replacement is the best course is that there are different areas of damage. When your roof is nearing the end of its warranty or is over 20 years old, it can be time for a replacement, even if there aren’t obvious leaks.
JDM Roofing & Construction LLC: Alba TX’s Trusted Roofers
If you’re dealing with roof leaks or worried about your roof developing problems, call the most reputable roofers in North Texas, JDM Roofing & Construction, for a free roof inspection.
Contact us right away and discover what roofing services are for you!
There are several common types of roof leaks in Edom TX and around North Texas that homeowners need to understand before they call roofers out to their home. Sure, homeowners don’t need to know everything about roof work, but it’s important to understand where roof leaks come from.
JDM Roofing & Construction, Edom TX’s best roofers, have the right roof repair solutions for all these common roof leaks, and we’ll work with our homeowners to find the best roofing services for their needs.
Common Roof Leaks in Edom TX
Let’s break down the sources of the most common roof leaks.
- Poor Roof Installation – If the roofing materials weren’t properly installed in the first place, then cracks and shifting can occur in the roofing, opening up the roof to leaks. This can happen in valleys, around skylights and chimneys, or anywhere on the roof.
- Lack of Roof Maintenance – Neglecting storm damage, not cleaning out gutters regularly, letting mold grow on the roof, or otherwise not maintaining your roofing will lead to leaks as the roofing breaks down.
- Roof Age – Over time, roofing materials and roof structures will weaken; that’s just a natural process. Most roofs only last around 15 – 25 years, so if it’s been a while, it’s worth it to get a roof inspection.
- Leaks Around Roof Flashing – If your flashing isn’t installed correctly, it can end up pulling away from the roofing materials and causing leaks. The tar that connects flashing to roofing can also break down over time.
- Storm Damage to the Roof – Storms are a real test of roofing with high winds, hail stones, and heavy rains. Wind can tear off or shift shingles; hail stones can shift shingles or dent metal roofing; and heavy rains wear away granules on the roof surface.
JDM Roofing & Construction: Best Roof Repair Contractors in Edom TX
If your roof is starting to form leaks, or maybe you’ve been dealing with roof leaks for years, you need a local roofing company with experience and integrity.
Contact JDM Roofing & Construction, Edom TX’s most reputable roofers, for a roof inspection to find the source of your roof leaks.
So you found a roof leak in your home. Not an ideal situation, and it can have most homeowners upset and wondering what to do. While it’s true you can fix a leaky roof yourself if the leak is small enough or in a space you can easily access, the only way to ensure you have a permanent roof fix is to call in professional roofing contractors.
JDM Roofing & Construction, Yantis TX’s trusted roofing company, has decades of experience with roof repairs. Our roofing experts can quickly find the source of your roof leak with the latest in roof inspection technology. Our bonded and insured roofing contractors can then fix leaks using only high quality roofing materials and exceptional workmanship.
What kinds of roof leaks are there?
- Roofing Material Failure – When an asphalt shingle peels up or gets torn away by high winds, it leaves your roof vulnerable to leaking.
- Vent and Chimney Leaks – Any roof part that goes through the roofing material can be open to leakage. Usually, these areas are protected by flashing, but it can fail.
- Aging Roof Leaks – When your roof is older, it can develop leaks in several places. These can often be complicated to fix, so roof replacement may be recommended.
How do you fix a leaky roof?
- Proper installation keeps most roofing intact, but there are shingle replacements or patching services that can fix roof leaks due to roofing material failure.
- Leaks around vents, pipes, and chimneys are fixed by using professional-grade caulking and replacing flashing.
- Aging roof leaks can be harder to fix, and you might need a full roof replacement to ensure proper protection of your home.
JDM Roofing & Construction: Yantis TX’s Roof Repair Company
Whether a storm has just blown through or your roof is aging, you shouldn’t wait for leaks to permanently damage the wooden supports for your roof. Contact the most reputable roof repair company in northeast Texas, JDM Roofing & Construction. Our extensive experience with roof leaks and roof storm damage will ensure that your roof leak is permanently fixed.