There are several common types of roof leaks in Edom TX and around North Texas that homeowners need to understand before they call roofers out to their home. Sure, homeowners don’t need to know everything about roof work, but it’s important to understand where roof leaks come from.
JDM Roofing & Construction, Edom TX’s best roofers, have the right roof repair solutions for all these common roof leaks, and we’ll work with our homeowners to find the best roofing services for their needs.
Common Roof Leaks in Edom TX
Let’s break down the sources of the most common roof leaks.
- Poor Roof Installation – If the roofing materials weren’t properly installed in the first place, then cracks and shifting can occur in the roofing, opening up the roof to leaks. This can happen in valleys, around skylights and chimneys, or anywhere on the roof.
- Lack of Roof Maintenance – Neglecting storm damage, not cleaning out gutters regularly, letting mold grow on the roof, or otherwise not maintaining your roofing will lead to leaks as the roofing breaks down.
- Roof Age – Over time, roofing materials and roof structures will weaken; that’s just a natural process. Most roofs only last around 15 – 25 years, so if it’s been a while, it’s worth it to get a roof inspection.
- Leaks Around Roof Flashing – If your flashing isn’t installed correctly, it can end up pulling away from the roofing materials and causing leaks. The tar that connects flashing to roofing can also break down over time.
- Storm Damage to the Roof – Storms are a real test of roofing with high winds, hail stones, and heavy rains. Wind can tear off or shift shingles; hail stones can shift shingles or dent metal roofing; and heavy rains wear away granules on the roof surface.
JDM Roofing & Construction: Best Roof Repair Contractors in Edom TX
If your roof is starting to form leaks, or maybe you’ve been dealing with roof leaks for years, you need a local roofing company with experience and integrity.
Contact JDM Roofing & Construction, Edom TX’s most reputable roofers, for a roof inspection to find the source of your roof leaks.